<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Airlines can kiss my ass 

I'm too lazy to put up the "Grind My Gears" logo, but I must take a moment to rail against airline frequent flyer programs.

We were trying to schedule a trip to either Arizona or Florida next month using either our United miles or my parents' US Airways miles (they have many, and rarely fly). But apparently no matter where you want to go or when you want to go, the 25,000 point level for redeeming flights is conveniently "sold out." For the two of us to fly to Arizona it should be 50,000 points. But in fact the only option now is flights that would be 120,000 points. Which is just ridiculous.

Airlines seem to be doing everything they can to make your points worth as few flights as possible. Feh. Long live the Amazon card.

3 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?