<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Gotta keep the stats flowing 

I long ago realized that my addiction to fantasy sports/games has absolutely nothing to do with money, but rather it's a vehicle for learning about -- and obsessing over -- things that I enjoy.

Sure, there are fairly modest investments and payoffs involved in my various fantasy sports leagues. But that doesn't explain my shifting most of my fantasy attention to the purely-for-pride Ted Marshall now that (fantasy) baseball is done.

Every day around noon, the preliminary overnight Nielsens come out, and I'm enjoying following them more and more. It's really an unusual fantasy game, in that you hope your picks do terribly each week. For instance, I was happy to see that NBC's Chase took a healthy dive earlier this week, falling below fellow NBC show Chuck's numbers in the all-important 18-49 "demo."

Then again, I also keep up on the weekly Broadway grosses, even though I don't actually play any fantasy game that involves this. So clearly I'm a little off.

1 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?