<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Um, yes. This is over. 

I just realized that I never gave DanNation -- or at least this incarnation of it -- a proper sendoff. So despite the fact that no one (naturally) reads the site anymore, I shall give it said farewell! Here's what's up:

1) I still would like to have a space where I express myself. Except when I hate the idea.

2) I kind of still want a blog, but I feel like blogs long ago had their day in the sun. And I'd rather play Scrabble and obsess about my fantasy baseball team.

3) I simultaneously want to blog about politics, and think it is the biggest waste of time known to man.

4) I kind of want to post more in-depth stuff on Facebook, but I don't need everyone knowing what I think. The element of anonymity provided by DanNation was enjoyable.

Where does that leave me? I have no idea. Except that I know that I had a blast doing this during its heyday -- from, say, 2004 to 2007. I had my few moments in the sun where major bloggers linked to my site and I got some big time traffic. But mostly it was a place to share with friends and family, have some lively discussions, and take the Friday Quiz.

So until I find the next venue for such things -- thanks for reading and for being a friend of D-Nation.

3 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?