<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

At least I'm not the only one 

I believe that aside from Sean and Bram, no one I know still blogs. Several more of the links at left are dead.

Clearly the popularity of blogs (at least non-professional ones) peaked and then nosedived a while ago, thanks to Facebook and Twitter.

Is this because most of what people had to say in this format can actually be said in 140 characters or less? Or because we are now too lazy to come up with in-depth thoughts? Or because we are too lazy to read them?

I still blame Scrabble (and a re-emergence of my fountain pen hobbying) for my non-blogging. But maybe Twitter has had an insidious effect on my brain even though I don't really use it.

2 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?