<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Bad Wood 

When I heard the Pirates had signed Brandon Wood, I knew the name sounded really familiar. But because I don't pay much attention to the American League, I had to look him up to remind myself.

He was a huge prospect with the Angels -- and was in fact Baseball America's #3 prospect in 2006.

But he's been freakishly bad in the majors -- so much so that an article in Baseball Prospectus today refers to him as "one of the least productive players in baseball history." Ouch. Looking at his minor league numbers vs. his major league track record, it really is bizarre.

But the good news is: His real name is Richard. So here's hoping Dick Wood becomes the greatest dumpster-dive in the history of the Pirate organization.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?