<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mailing it in 

After the huge snowstorm two weekends ago, our mail was delivered maybe three of the next seven days.

Maybe the postal service's "Neither rain nor snow..." credo is not technically official. And maybe the mail isn't as important as it used to be.

But still, mail is mail. And the USPS did reaffirm its belief in the unofficial motto in a post-9/11 commercial:

We are mothers and fathers. And sons and daughters. Who every day go about our lives with duty, honor and pride. And neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever.
I'm just sayin'. Sounds like a pretty damn official policy to me.

Oh, who am I kidding. I don't actually care about mail. I just want my Baseball Prospectus, which is currently en route!!

4 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?