<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gahhhhhh! 

(This "Really Grinds My Gears," but I'm too lazy to find the picture)

Very few "little" things in life can piss me off like a hard boiled egg whose fucking shell won't come off easily.

I'm talking abnormally, road ragey, call-it-names-and-throw-it-across-the-room ticked off. I don't know why this bothers me so much. Probably because I don't like spending a day and a half peeling a food item, only to make one false move and end up with half of it wasted.

So I can either devote half my morning to doing a perfect job, or it can turn out like this:



Look at that thing! It looks like a fucking hand grenade exploded next to it.

Experts (eggsperts?) always say you should submerge them in cold water to help with shell removal. I always do this, and yet I still end up with bad batches. Emily thinks it has more to do with the freshness of the egg at the time of boiling, which definitely could be the case. And I've never seen a correlation between shell removal and overcooking or undercooking.

It just seems to happen sometimes. And then I am sad.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?