<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 19, 2008

Time for Drew to go? 

I had heard about this, but I hadn't yet seen it. The other day, a contestant bid the exact right amount on his Showcase on The Price is Right. Pretty much unheard of.

You can imagine how Bob Barker would have reacted. I can probably guess the exact words he would've chosen, and how he would have delivered them. It would've been cool.

Drew Carey? Not so much...



Wow.

After initially thinking he'd be an OK pick, I've been pretty much dumbfounded at his lack of showmanship. I figured he'd mix the "regular guy" thing with an ability to...well, be a television host. When I see something like this, my first thought is that I could do better. That's never what you want. I followed a couple links to TPIR sites, and the crazy internet fans seem pretty fed up.

In retrospect, John O'Hurley -- or really any of the other candidates -- would have probably been better.

Maybe an old-school show with an old-school audience needs an old-school host. My pick off the top of my head is Chuck Woolery. And you know, the more I think about it, the better this idea seems. He's not Bob Eubanks old-school, but he's got game show street cred out the ying-yang! No reason he should be toiling away on GSN.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?