<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Steelers, Week 1 

My belated reaction to the Steelers' Texas-sized win over Houston: Uh, yeah, that was good. How can anyone not be pleased?

The game itself? Actually downright boring after about the midway point of the 2nd quarter. In the second half I found my mind wandering severely. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Given the team's fast starts for the last four or five years, with mixed results, I'm not reading much of anything into it. Except this: I'm excited about LaMar Woodley.

It's still early, but the second-year outside linebacker and first-year starter looks like he could inject some much-needed Lloyd-esque star power into the defense as he replaces the never very exciting Clark Haggans. His emergence, if it stays on track, could be particularly vital on a defense that is aging rapidly.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?