<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Month of Living Vegetarianally 

Earlier this year, after reading A.J. Jacobs' "The Year of Living Biblically," I thought it would be fun to try experiments like his. Nothing quite as radical, certainly, and not for a full year.

So 48 hours ago, I began The Month of Living Vegetarianally.

My wife has been a vegetarian since age 10, and I'd been cutting my meat consumption for some time -- partly as a matter of convenience, and partly for growing ideological reasons. I think at this point my instake is significantly less than that of Joe Q. American. Of course, there will be plenty of changes and sacrifices, mostly involving what I eat for lunch, which sometimes involves Subway meat. From the restaurant, not meat that I discover in underground rail stations.

Small exceptions:

1) When I order a vegetable soup at the corner deli where I sometimes get lunch, I will not ask if it contains any chicken broth.
2) I will leave the door open for small consumption of fish, if my body is craving protein that I can't satisfy in other ways.

I will report back on how this is all going.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?