<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lame radio 

So there's this one FM station in the market that tends to play the "clean" version of songs.

This drove me crazy over the summer when, in a particularly lame example of bleeping, they cut the words "drugs" and "drug-dealer" from Nickelback's song "Rockstar."

This puritan silliness wouldn't be so bad if the station wasn't totally random about enforcing the rules. Last night I heard them play -- back to back -- the edited "Rockstar," followed by the un-edited version of Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life," a song entirely about crystal meth and oral sex. You almost never hear the straight version of this song.

So, to sum up, on this particular station you can't say:

Everybody has a drug dealer on speed dial
But you can say:

She comes round and she goes down on me
And I make her smile like a drug for you...
and
...Doing crystal meth
Will lift you up until you break
...And then I bumped up,
I took the hit I was given
Then I bumped again...

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?