<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sign that your home team is not a contender 

I was just perusing the Pirates' 2008 broadcast schedule because I was curious about how many games are not televised in a given season.

We've come a long way from the old days, when maybe 80 to 90 (?) games were on TV. Out of 162 games this coming season, 125 are on the tube.

But here's what I found interesting: Almost 40 percent of the Pirates' radio-only games are in the typically exciting (for other teams) month of September.

Could there be more of a sign that management expects another season of diminishing interest in the team after the All-Star break?

I have not looked at all the other teams' broadcast schedules, but the group I did look at didn't have a hole like that in September.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?