<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just like the old days... only in color and via satellite at 35,000 feet 

When I was younger, as my high school friends will remember, my family had a van (not down by the river) that we used for all of our vacation traveling.

During long trips, we'd bring the crappy 6-inch black and white TV from the kitchen at home, and plug it into the cigarette lighter. When we'd pass by towns where there was broadcast reception, we'd frantically maneuver the rabbit ears to watch whatever we could get: The Price is Right, cartoons on UHF, etc. And I thought it was just the coolest thing ever.

I still have this simple fetish for watching TV in places where there usually is none. So you can imagine that I'm still getting over the excitement of my recent trip aboard JetBlue airlines.

I mean, 40 channels of DirecTV on my own personal screen? Fuggetabout it! They've ruined me for any other airline. How can I ever again sit on a plane and tolerate a bad movie -- or stare at a seat back that's devoid of tiny screen?

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?