Monday, May 21, 2007
- Add it to my list of favorite names: NATO chief Jaap de Hoop Scheffer. Sounds like some kind of weird slang phrase. Yop da hoop, y'all. Yop da hoop.
- Also add to the list: Bertram Van Munster, the creator and executive producer of The Amazing Race. Just doesn't get much better than that.
- Verizon shareholders take a step toward reining in indefensible pay for CEO's. This seems like a big deal, though it hasn't been big news today. Hopefully it starts a trend.
- The White House is whining and crying after Jimmy Carter rehashed some of the world's oldest news in re: Bush's lack of competence. A Bush spokesman responded that Carter is becoming "increasingly irrelevant." If that's true, then I don't get it: how could two guys with something that significant in common not get along??
- My underwear is on correctly.
0 comments. Leave one!