<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 25, 2006

American Movie Crapola 

I know it's commonplace for cable networks to alter their personalities, tinker with their formats, and de-emphasize their original channel names (case in point: The Nashville Network becoming just "TNN" [standing for nothing], then "The National Network," then SPIKE).

In that vein: I know that cable channel AMC is still called AMC, but isn't really called "American Movie Classics." But I didn't know they'd strayed quite so far from "classics." Last night I was flipping around and noticed that AMC was showing Species II. Krikey! I mean, that's just ridiculous.

If you're gonna change that much, you gotta do the "SPIKE" thing. Have an identity of some kind. They seem to still be showing some classics, interspersed with total crap.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?