<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 26, 2006

"You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?" 

When waiters, waitresses or anyone behind a food counter comments on what I'm ordering or how much I've eaten or not eaten.

I was in Brueggers today, and this annoyingly uber-friendly woman who works there commented on my order. I got a bagel with onion and chive cream cheese. I have ordered this before. She responded with, "You sure like that flavor, huh?"

No, I fucking hate it, and am simply trying to torture myself.

In addition to the comment being unnecessary, it's also wrong. She's implying I order this all the time, which is not at all true. And perhaps that I am boring.

It's like when a server comes to clear my plate and comments that I've eaten a lot, or not eaten very much, or says "Oh, you don't like tomatoes, do you?" because I've pushed them to the side. What purpose does this serve? Are there any people who appreciate these observations?

I'm a friendly person. I like friendly banter most of the time. But comments like these are really aggravating.

And that's what really grinds my gears. Back to you, Diane.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?