<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gold Dust Birthday 

Happy 58th birthday to Stevie Nicks. It's a day late, but I just happened to notice it after seeing a story about her joining Tom Petty for part of what's being billed as his final tour.

Oddly, I've never discussed here on ye olde blog what a big fan I am of Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. She would be very near the top of my list of celebrities I'd like to have dinner with. Hardly ever do I take such an interest in knowing about a band or a singer (at least not to the point where I'd read a book about them, as I am currently!) But ever since I bought FM's greatest hits when I was 18, I've felt an incredibly strong connection to their music, and a fascination with the band members and their famously tumultous history. And that voice of Stevie's....

Plus, she was really sexy back in the day. Had I been 18 in 1977 instead of 2, I'd probably have followed the Mac around on tour. Maybe that's why I like the movie Almost Famous so much. Something about that era in music...

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?