<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"C" is for Crappy Ass Fortune 

Much like Alanis Morissette, who has no idea what the word "ironic" means, it seems that fortune cookie makers have forgotten the definition of the word fortune.

According to an online dictionary, the meaning is: "A foretelling of one's destiny." Yet many fortunes I get don't really fit that description.

This week I got a cookie that said, "You are outgoing and make new friends easily." Not a fortune. You should not be able to respond to a fortune by saying, "No, that is incorrect," or "Why yes, that is true!"

Of course, about five years ago I got a truly legendary one, which I suppose you could argue actually was a fortune. It said (I'm sure I've told many of you this already): "The greatest danger could be your stupidity."

I laughed. I cried. I went to therapy.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?