<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

This just in: Bush still DUMB 

I missed this one while I was out of town. Bush apparently said a democratic Pakistan would be a "force for freedom and moderation in the Arab world."

Too bad they're not actually Arab. Sigh.

But I also noticed he did add a brilliant, stunning beautiful turn of phrase to make sure it was clear he really understood the complexities in the region:

"Pakistan and India are different countries with different needs and different histories."

Thanks.

Remember what it sounded like when the President was highly educated, motivated to learn, and said thought-provoking things on a daily basis?

I'm afraid, more than anything else, that no one will remember -- that the bar has been lowered too far -- and that future Presidents of either party could be allowed to be this pathetic and uninformed. More than anything, I just want the embarassment to end.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?