<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

What is so difficult? 

Why is it so hard to find good roast beef?

Yeah, that's my question. The only really good roast beef sandwich I can ever seem to find is in the NYC/North Jersey area. This makes no sense to me. It can't be that tough to make a good rare roast beef.

I say this because I live in a Jewish neighborhood in Pittsburgh which -- for my entire life to date -- has never had a deli that could make a roast beef sandwich that didn't taste like absolute shit.

I went to a new one today, and the roast beef was dry and brown and crappy. And the worst part is that it only cost about a dollar less than at the 2nd Ave. Deli in Manhattan.

I'm extremely easygoing about food. I'm not a person who likes the expensive stuff or needs things just right. Heck, I'm the kind of person who liked the food at the college cafeteria just fine. But there is no excuse for bad roast beef. Or bad beer, but that's not a food. Or is it, Jason? :)

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?