<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Quote of the Day 

It's not even news anymore that military experts, Republicans or -- in this case -- extremely hawkish Democrats say the war in Iraq has been a disaster. But seeing the chickenhawks (and the Republican dittoheads who love them) insulted by those who served this country never gets old to me.

Today, ex-Marine Corps colonel John Murtha (D-PA) finally had enough of defending the war, and said a bunch of stuff to that effect. He called for an immediate withdrawal. I actually don't know how I feel about that, now that we've fucked things up so badly. But what impressed me was that Murtha actually has the guts to say what kind of a man Dick Cheney really is. It really has to hurt as more and more of these moderates and conservatives start shitting on the chickenhawks.

Said Murtha about DickHead:
"I like guys who've never been there that criticize us who've been there. I like that. I like guys who got five deferments and never been there and send people to war, and then don't like to hear suggestions about what needs to be done."
And Murtha ain't exactly a MoveOn.org kinda guy. This is one of the most respected voices in the Congress on military affairs. Go on with your bad self, Johnny.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?