<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Afternoon NFL blogging (and some baseball) 

(Yeah, three posts in one day... I'm workin' hard at the office!)

12:54 PM: The NFL on CBS crew says the Bengals have the best QB in the AFC Central, and both Boomer and Marino agree the Bengals have the talent to best the Steelers. Is it the truth, or more trendy pundit talk that will be forgotten by next month?

1:57 PM: From the "holy crap" department: in the game I'm watching, Plex is having his way with the Rams at the Meadowlands. 6 catches, 134 yards and 2 TD's -- and there are 12 minutes to go in the second quarter. I've got the Giants with the spread as one of my office picks, so I'm rooting for him all the way.

2:48 PM: Plex nearing the half: 9 catches, 174 yards, 2 TD. He had his troubles with the Steelers, but it's hard not to miss the guy. Could Manning to Burress could become the next Manning to Harrison? Oops, he just dropped an easy first down. Nevermind, he sucks. :)

3:49 PM: Looks like Pirates interim manager Pete Mackanin let Jason Bay take the last 8 innings off today after he singled in the first. Why take him out after one inning? I'm assuming it's because by letting him start today, he became the first Pirate to start all 162 games since Johnny Ray back in 1980-whatever. Amazing season for J-Bay, so the couple of hours off are well-deserved.

4:04 PM: Yowza!! I thought for sure I was eliminated from "Survival" just now, but a last-second winning TD by the Lions was overturned on replay, and the Lions 4th down try from the Bucs' 12 yard line failed! I live to play another week.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?