<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm the new Cianfrocco sponsor! 

I am now the proud sponsor of the Archi Cianfrocco page at baseball-reference.com.

For those who don't know Archi: he was a backup utility player for the Expos and Padres from 1992 to 1998. For those who don't know me: he was one of the first players I drafted in my Rotisserie League, and I had him on my team for almost every at bat of those 7 seasons.

There isn't any greater Rotisserie joy than having one of your $1 end-of-the-draft players do more than you expected, and Archi delivered. His best season came in 1993, when he hit 11 home runs with 47 RBI. Despite his awkward 6'5" frame, he also stole 16 bases during his career, getting caught just 3 times.

All I can say is that in the 7 seasons Archi played, I won 2 league championships. In the six seasons since he retired, I've got bupkus.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?