<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

DanNation & Newt: Strange bedfellows 

Criticize my beliefs about "post-war" Iraq if you will. But Newt Gingrich has got my back, baby!
We have consistently underestimated how hard rebuilding Iraq will be and how long the job will take. I have seen no evidence that we know how to defeat the insurgents who fight in Iraq. We still lack the necessary intelligence, communications efforts, and Iraqi military and police units to beat the insurgents.
I feel exceedingly dirty.

Actually, I once interviewed Newt one-on-one. It was in my college newspaper days. He spoke on campus and afterwards I did a Q&A with him in his van on the way to his next appearance.

It was a memorable experience, if you like meeting Clinton-hating, hypocritical Speakers of the House. But he wasn't as much fun to look at as later interviewees Jamie Lee Curtis and Survivor's Jenna Morasca.

(Editor's note: Michael Powell tells me I need to say that the above link is rated TV14 for Strategically Placed Fig Leaves).

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?