<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 29, 2004

Endorsement 

I just noticed Andrew Sullivan's well-written, reluctant endorsement of Kerry. As I've said before, he's the exact opposite of a partisan hack. He's observed and evaluated the past four years with an open mind, and come to new conclusions about Bush's leadership -- without abandoning his core conservative beliefs on fiscal policy, foreign affairs, etc.

If by some fantastic turn of events I get the chance to evaluate a Kerry presidency, I vow to follow Sullivan's lead in how I think about the next four years. After all, for me this isn't about Bush being a Republican or even an extreme-right Republican. It's about his incompetence, his recklessness, and his failure to be straightforward with people who gave him the benefit of the doubt simply because of the office he holds. It's about his unwillingness to listen to every side of an issue before making a decision -- and indeed his unwillingness to accept that there are many sides to an issue. It's about him being the worst President I could have imagined. If Kerry wins and doesn't do any better, I'll be happy to step up and say it.

That said, I will at some point post some election predictions. In fact, I've been trying to figure out the best way to turn this into a competition of some kind. Perhaps predicting the electoral college-totals? Or listing the winners of all the states, and the person with the most states correct wins?

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?