<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 21, 2009

Missing in Action (and Drama, and Comedy) 

I can't figure out why certain popular, older TV shows haven't been released on DVD.

Chicago Hope is one whose absence I've noticed. This is a consistent Top 30 Nielsen show from the 90's. Yet rest assured, you can go right out and get Small Wonder, which is coming out on DVD this week!

As far as new shows go, it seems that almost everything reaches DVD. Even complete, utter failures. For example, how could John from Cincinnati possibly be a more profitable venture than the first season of C.H.?

The Wonder Years isn't out because the studio apparently has issues with the high cost of securing the music rights to the show. I guess I can buy that.

Maybe there are similar explanations for other unpublished shows. If not, I just don't get it.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?