<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I admit it... 

I get veklempt at exciting sports moments. For instance, I cannot watch a team clinch the World Series without getting choked up. Even if it's not my team. Seeing others experience such pure joy, it's tough not to respond. Plus, I am always happy for the home fans and wishing I was one of them.

This is why I felt a little dirty about my veklemptness last night.

Philadelphia fans are legendarily douchey. Writers this morning noted that they booed Commissioner Bud Selig -- but everyone does that. What I didn't see anyone mention was that they also booed the Rays when the Phillies owner did the typical "Congrats to Tampa Bay on a great series" schpiel! It really shouldn't have surprised me, given the city's reputation. But it did. So I take back my happiness for the fans in this case.

Brad Lidge, I'm still happy for. But not as happy as if I'd drafted him in fantasy this year.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?