<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 21, 2008

McSprinter 

Usually I find track and field to be about as exciting as watching paint dry. But I have to say I've been blown away by Usain Bolt's accomplishments in Beijing.

If you've been watching, I don't have to explain why.

Perhaps the best part of his wins in the 100 and 200 were his comments about his preparation. After the 100m:

"Woke up at 11. Had some lunch -- some nuggets," he shrugged. "Watched some more TV. Went to my room, slept for three hours. Went back, got some more nuggets, then came to the track."
Also, his shoe was untied and he stopped running to celebrate before the race was over.

He made similar Nugget-related comments after winning the 200.

Apparently there are already rumors that Jamaican drug testing is lax. So maybe those were BALCO nuggets. But I hope not. For now, at least, we can just revel in his remarkable performances.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?