<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sunday golf 

I had never in my life watched more than 15 minutes of televised golf. I'll flip through, watch a shot or two, whatever. But this past Sunday, my soon-to-be-father-in-law was here, and we watched the final 9 holes of The Players Championship.

Damned if that wasn't an extremely compelling couple of hours! It ended up going to a sudden-death playoff between Sergio Garcia, who was going for his biggest career win, and this classy journeyman type named Paul Goydos.

Really great sporting event. I may have to make it a habit to watch more of the golf majors. Of course, like watching only the last part of a basketball game, I doubt I could ever watch more than the tail end of a four-day tourney. But still. Good stuff.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?