<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 05, 2007

Bill's farewell 

Just watched Cowher's half-hour farewell news conference, which was actually carried live on both ESPN's.

I love that guy, I really do. He took heat over the years for various things, but as I said on Sunday, it's hard to imagine anyone else on the sidelines.

I really hope someone comes up with a montage of Cowher's Greatest Hits. The two clips that come to mind immediately are: 1) when he almost tackled the Jacksonville defender who was returning a blocked field goal for a touchdown; 2) when he was pissed about a call and stuffed a photo printout of the play into the referee's pocket after the game!

ADDENDUM, 1:48 PM: I should say I think it was time for Cowher to go. We need the next Cowher, who'll come in and say "What the hell was that 2006 season?" and get the players focused again.

ADDENDUM #2, 1:53 PM: They're still doing special Cowher coverage on ESPN and Trey Wingo was just interviewing Kordell! I walked in at the very end, though, and missed the whole segment. Ach!

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?