<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Here comes the BOOM!! 

One of the new features at PNC Park this year is a theme song played when closer Mike Gonzalez comes in.

It's a song I'd never heard before, called "Here Comes the Boom" by P.O.D.

Gotta say, it'll be friggin' cool if the Pirates ever get good and Gonzo is still around. It's a really fantastic "closer-introduction song." Very rockin' and lyrically appropriate (at least the chorus).

I love closer songs. I had the privilege of hearing AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" played when Trevor Hoffman came into a game in San Diego. Gave me chills, I admit, and I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Padres.

Were there closer-introduction songs before Ricky Vaughn's "Wild Thing" in Major League? I wonder if that movie is solely responsible for the phenomenon.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?