<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 24, 2006

Ridiculous right-wing hypocrisy (surprise!) 

The wingnut Media Research Center, which targets "liberal bias" in the media, is talking oil prices, and making themselves look incredibly foolish, again.

As they did all week, on Friday night the three broadcast network evening newscasts again hyperventilated over the "record" high price for a barrel of oil, though adjusted for inflation, the only competent way to measure any price over time, current $75 per barrel oil is $12 short of the real record high set in January of 1981.
(emphasis mine)

Ok, so I'm gonna set aside the fact that the allegations of "liberal" bias here are cherry-picked and laughable.

Instead, I'll agree with them.

Yes, the stuff about inflation is true. So how about applying that very same logic to another area where it's indisputably correct? Say, THE FUCKING MINIMUM WAGE! But no, disingenuous sleazoids like this can be counted on to brush aside the fact that the minimum wage today is -- in REAL dollars -- lower than it was decades ago. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the MRC has gone so far as to complain in the past when reporters point out the minimum wage thing! People probably write articles about how that's liberal bias!

Slimy lying hypocritical motherfuckers.

Ahhh. Much better.

Since I don't blog about politics frequently anymore (I'll have a post on this sometime, I'm sure), I gotta get all my aggravation out when I do. :)

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?