<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Hello, children!" 

I'm not a big South Park fan, but I catch it sometimes. And I'm always amazed at how fast they can work really current events into the show.

They're doing it again this week. In Wednesday's season premiere, it looks like they're going to take aim at Chef -- a mere week after Isaac Hayes quit the show (because they finally made fun of his religion--but that's a whole other rant).

So how do they turn a show around in 6 days? I've read numerous times that a Simpsons episode takes about 8 to 9 months to produce. Sure, the SP animation is famously minimalist. But I wonder if that alone makes all the difference, or if there are other elements at play that help make it possible. Like insane workaholic hours no one else wants to work? Or fewer corporate hoops to jump through?

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?