<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Madden 2005 

Back when my football video game screen looked like this, there was no envisioning Madden 2005, in which you can operate every facet of your franchise of choice, and where players "e-mail" you to express their displeasure at their lack of playing time.

I just bought '05 on Ebay. I had been playing '04 because...well, it's $50 when it comes out in August, and you can get it for $20 if you wait until this time of year. I mostly wanted to upgrade because of Ben Roethlisberger (I need my fake Steelers to be as realistic as possible).

Anyway, the '05 version amusingly adds "player morale" to the mix. You can read local and national newspapers after each game, and your players will say various things to the media and to the team brass. Case in point: I'm in the pre-season right now, and Roethlisberger is beating out Tommy Maddox for the starting job. After the third preseason game, in which I gave Ben the majority of the snaps, I received an e-mail from Maddox saying, "I am clearly the future of this team. I don't know why I have to compete for this job."

I found this to be highly amusing. One friend of DanNation and Madden '05 expert advises me to consider trading Maddox if he continues to be a whiny pain in the ass. I'm looking into it. Good thing the real Tommy is a much classier guy!

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?