<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Conservative Jonah Goldberg's reality-based comments 

One of the now-destroyed Blogger comments was from Dave on the Armstrong Williams flap. He said something to the effect of, "I agree w/your sentiments, but he's a pundit, and the Department of Education says it's legal, so...."

OK, so maybe it's legal. They'll sort that out. Even if it is, does that make it a sensible use of taxpayer dollars? Further, can you even imagine what would happen if the shoe were on the other foot? Jonah Goldberg can:
"I think Armstrong Williams should give the money back. I think he should probably be ashamed of himself for taking it. I think the White House really screwed up ... all I can say is that if Bill Clinton had gotten caught giving Joe Conason a quarter of a million dollars to be flogging their policies, guys like me would have smoke coming out our ears, and the Right would go crazy."

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?