<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"American Idol" returns 

I generally think that reality TV is cheap and crappy, and that it's choking off the financial and creative channels that lead to the development of quality network programming -- sitcoms in particular. That said, I am a big fan of the program making its triumphant return for a 4th season tonight on Fox.

Actually, I can't really consider Idol to be a "reality show." Which is ironic, since it's far more "real" than the rest of them. In fact, I think the first couple weeks of the show are about as real as it gets. As a karaoke enthusiast and part-time KJ (karaoke DJ), I know that these people exist. Sure, they pick the silliest examples to put on camera. But believe you me, deluded people like we'll be treated to starting tonight are very, very real.

Who will be this year's William Hung? Let the fun begin!

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?