<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 10, 2004

"Joey" 

TiVo screwed me over last night. I guess the show ran longer than 30 minutes and NBC didn't put that in its program info. So it cut off early. I don't know how much I missed -- probably just a few minutes. The last thing I saw was when the neighbor came to the door and Joey found out she was married.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty strong debut. The writing for Joey's character showed us that he can be funny in new surroundings. For example, the auditions in the studio. That was old schtick -- absolutely nothing new -- but still, I thought, hilarious. Same with the joke about "Romeo, O Romeo." As for the other cast members' dialogue/delivery -- just so-so, really. As I figured, the show will survive or die based on whether the producers can make us feel something for these folks in the coming weeks.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?