<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Going to the polls 

As I said before, I'm not paying much attention to the national percentages in the Prez race anymore -- only electoral projections. And much like movie reviews, I'll never look at just one poll and think much of it. I like to look at the big picture. Here's a bunch of electoral college polls and what they're saying. I'll update this list from time to time, adding reliable sites as I find them.

Election Projection: run by a Bush supporter and the whole thing is a pro-Bush site/blog. Interestingly enough, this guy gives Kerry his biggest lead that I found -- 311 to 227. Maybe he's trying to rile up the base.

LA Times Electoral Vote Tracker: Very cautious; only puts near-definite states into each guy's column. Current: Kerry 167, Bush 140, with the rest "Up for Grabs."

The Electoral Vote Predictor: run by a Kerry supporter, but the site and data are accurate and non-delusional. Current: Kerry 280, Bush 238, a few undecided.

Rasmussen Reports: Again, cautious. Kerry 203, Bush 183, with 152 "Toss-ups."

And last but certainly not least, Zogby, the only pollster to correctly predict the outcome in 2000. Their brand-new, post-Swift Boat poll shows Kerry ahead 286-214. Zogby had Bush ahead 285-253 on June 20th.

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?