<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Veep-Poll 

It's possible John Kerry could announce his VP choice next week. It's also possible he'll wait. But I'm going to be out of town and don't want to miss the chance to take a poll. So, post your prediction. You can go with one of the more talked-about 5 or 10 names being tossed around, or gamble that Kerry will pull a surprise pick to maximize media coverage.

MY PICK: I realize that John Edwards is the people's choice -- and he's such an obvious front-runner that you almost have to guess against him. But I'm going to pick him anyway. I think that, despite the fact that it won't generate much news, it's Kerry's best move.

Edwards won't boost Kerry's chances in a particular battleground state like certain others might. But I believe he can generate an excitement that the campaign needs. It's really Bush's incompetence that's brought Kerry record-shattering fundraising totals. Imagine what might happen if people got even a little excited about the Democratic ticket itself. I was convinced that Edwards should be the pick when I saw that even Missourians prefer him to their own native son, fellow VP front-runner Dick Gephardt.

So, there you have it. Your turn(s).

0 comments. Leave one!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?